A) Legal disclaimer
Welcome to Astro Pharma GmbH. Thank you for your interest in our company. This website is designed to keep you informed about our products and services. Below please find a few notices to be observed when using our website.
All data published on the Astro Pharma website is of general informational value. Interested parties looking for binding information are invited to contact the competent departments in digital format or in writing. The published materials are not legally binding. The publication of a text on the website or its deletion has no bearing on its validity.
Under no circumstances should the content provided on the website serve as a substitute for expert information, product inserts or advisement services and recommendations of your doctor or pharmacist. The texts and publications are made available for user information only. Please contact your doctor or pharmacist for individual advisement about your personal health situation.
All content and information included in our website is either our intellectual property or that of a third party who granted us the right to use such content or information. All data, information and other content on our website such as images, product names and products as well as trademarks are generally protected by copyright, trademark rights, patent rights and/or other rights and are either our exclusive property or the property of third parties who have granted us the license to use them. Reproducing or utilizing this content or information or parts thereof in any manner is permitted for personal and non-commercial purposes only. No license for the reproduction or utilization of the content and information is granted for purposes other than simple web browsing. Any other use/reproduction of content portions for personal, i.e. particularly non-commercial purposes must cite our company as a source by making reference to our website and include the corresponding copyright notice to the copy or reproduction.
- Liability provisions
- Responsibility for content
Astro Pharma GmbH strives to consistently provide current and accurate information. However, we can neither guarantee nor warrant the accuracy and completeness of the information contained on this website. We disclaim all liability for any direct or indirect damage caused by the use of this website or the information presented therein, unless said damage is caused by wilful or grossly negligent conduct on the part of Astro Pharma GmbH. This liability waiver shall, in particular, apply regardless of whether the respective damage was caused by access or the unavailability of this website or by the fact that the user of this website relied on the accuracy of the provided information.
- Responsibility for hyperlinks
If you follow any links that are included in our web pages and lead to other website content, please keep in mind that using such links means leaving our website. The website you opened by clicking on hyperlinks is not associated with our website and is therefore not under our control. We offer such hyperlinks as a means to access external content and as a convenience. Offering such hyperlinks does not express any opinion on the content of third party websites. By providing hyperlinks to other websites we assume no responsibility for the content of such external websites; any compensation claims for damage resulting from opening such websites, from browsing these websites, or from using the content of such websites shall be void. If we become aware that other websites to which we maintain hyperlinks violate the law, we will immediately remove the corresponding link after an examination of the factual and legal situation. If you reached our website through a hyperlink from another website, we did not approve this link or the content of the other website unless explicitly stated. As a general rule, there are no contractual or other relationships between us and the owner of another website.
Legal validity of this disclaimer
The above disclaimer is part of our website in its entirety. In the case that parts or individual phrases of this disclaimer are wholly or partially invalid or infeasible, or lose their validity or feasibility at a later point, the content and validity of the remaining items in the disclaimer shall not be affected.
Governing law and applicability
The website complies with the statutory regulations of the Republic of Austria. It is governed by Austrian law. All information contained in this website is intended for users residing in Austria.
B) Data privacy statement
The protection and security of your personal data is very important to Astro Pharma GmbH. Basically, it is possible to use our web pages without submitting any personal data. However, making use of the services of Astro Pharma GmbH requires the processing of personal data. Should any such data processing be required without any legal basis existing in this respect, e.g. a contractual relationship with Astro-Pharma GmbH, then the consent of the data subject will be obtained beforehand under all circumstances.
Personal data such as the name, address, e-mail address or telephone number of a data subject will exclusively be processed in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in accordance with applicable national data privacy provisions. This data privacy statement serves to inform the general public about the type, scope and purpose of the personal data collected, used and processed by Astro Pharma GmbH and to provide information about the existing legal rights of the data subjects.
The data privacy statement of Astro Pharma GmbH uses the terms applied by the European regulator when issuing the GDPR. To make our data privacy statement easier to read and understand, we would like to briefly explain the most important terms.
- Personal data: Any information that allows to identify a living natural person without great efforts. Personal data include, among others:
- Personal details such as name, date of birth, social security number, bank account details, next of kin, details of accounts with social networks;
- Contact details, such as address and telephone numbers;
- Employee file details, such as provisions contained in the employment contract, training courses, performance assessments, promotions, career development schemes, details regarding conduct and disciplinary measures, place of work, salary details, bank account information and tax number, as well as personal ID numbers such as the social security number;
- Employment history / job application details, such as educational and occupational background;
- Customer data (orders, address details, bank account information and similar);
- Physical characteristics (sex, colour of skin, hair and eyes, stature, clothing size and similar).
- Data subject: Any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data are processed by the controller responsible for processing.
- Controller: Any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of personal data processing.
- Processor: Any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- Processing: Any collection, use, retrieval, organisation, alteration, disclosure, distruction or storage of personal data in any form whatsoever. This can be performed manually or using automated means, such as information technology systems.
- Profiling: Automated processing of personal data for the purpose of evaluating certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, for instance to analyse or predict that natural person’s performance at work, specific decisions or behaviour.
- Consent: Any informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s intent, voluntarily given for the specified instance, by which he or she, by way of a statement or a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
Astro Pharma Vertrieb und Handel von pharmazeutischen Produkten GmbH
Wolfgang-Pauli-Gasse 5, 1140 Vienna, Austria
T: +43 1 979 98 60
F: +43 1 979 25 40
Companies’ register number: FN 236992v, Vienna Commercial Court
Mag. Helmut Kaisergruber
Dr. Sabine Möritz-Kaisergruber
Purpose and basis of data processing
Compliance with contractual obligations (Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR)
Personal data are processed in the context of establishing contact, conducting contractual negotiations and on-going business relationships with our company.
- Compliance with legal obligations (Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR)
The processing of personal data may also be required to comply with various legal obligations.
- Consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR)
Personal data may also be processed based on explicit consent. If this is the case, the data will be processed exclusively for the objectives specified and agreed in the declaration of consent. Such consent may be revoked at any time with effect for the future. Any such revocation will not affect the legitimacy of the data processing effected until said revocation.
Safeguarding of legitimate interests (Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR)
If so required, personal data may also be processed within the scope of a balancing of interests in favour of Astro Pharma GmbH or a third party, in order to safeguard legitimate interests of Astro Pharma GmbH or said third party. This may be the case within the scope of asserting legal rights and conducting measures to protect employees or customers of Astro Pharma GmbH.
- Compliance with contractual obligations (Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR)
Forwarding of data
Within Astro-Pharma GmbH, personal data will only be forwarded to units and employees that need such data to comply with contractual or legal obligations. Data will exclusively be forwarded to external data processors if this is indispensable to comply with contractual or legal obligations. In this case, all external data processors will be contractually obliged to keep such data confidential and process them only within the scope of the contractually agreed obligations. The forwarding of data to public bodies may be necessary if a legal obligation exists. No data will be forwarded beyond that purpose.
Rights of data subjects
Data subjects are entitled to the following rights:
- Right to be informed
The data subject is entitled to be informed about the purpose and details of the data processing and about his or her rights.
- Right of access to personal data
Any data subject is entitled to obtain information about the personal data stored about him or her from the controller at any time free of charge, and also to obtain a copy of this information. This concerns in particular the following information:
- the purposes of processing;
- the categories of personal data which are processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular with regard to recipients in third-party countries or in case of international organisations;
- if possible, the period for which the personal data will be stored, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of the personal data or restriction of processing concerning the data subject, or the right to object to such processing;
- the existence of a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority;
- if the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information about the origin of the data
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
Right to rectification
Any data subject has the right to request immediate rectification of incorrect personal data concerning him or her. This right also concerns the request to have any incomplete personal data completed.
Right to erasure
Any data subject has the right to have his or her personal data erased, provided that one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data were collected for such purposes or processed in some other manner for which they are no longer required.
- The data subject revokes his or her consent on which the data processing under Article 6(1)(a) GDPR or Article 9 (2)(a) GDPR is based, and no other legal basis for processing exists.
- The data subject objects to the data being processed pursuant to Article 21(1) GDPR, and there are no primary legitimate reasons for processing, or the data subject objects to the data being processed pursuant to Article 21(2) GDPR.
- The personal data were processed unlawfully.
- The erasure of personal data is required to comply with a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the member states that the controller is subject to.
- The personal data were collected with regard to services offered by the information society under Article 8(1) GDPR.
Right to restriction of processing
Any data subject is entitled to request the controller to restrict processing, provided that one of the following prerequisites is met:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful, the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead.
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
Right to data portability
Any data subject has the right to request that data regarding a person are forwarded to other service providers upon request. This shall be effected in an automated manner and/or in a structured format.
Right to object
Any data subject has the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to personal data concerning him or her being processed on the basis of Article 6(1)(e) or (f) GDPR.
Right to revoke
Any data subject has the right to revoke his or her consent to processing of his or her personal data. The revocation will not affect the legitimacy of the processing effected until then.
- Right to be informed
Cookies and Google Analytics
Whenever a website is used, in particular Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, cookies or Internet tags, data may be collected without the users actively providing information for this purpose.
Your web browser will automatically transmit specific information from your IP address to us. Such data will be stored automatically, so that an indirect reference can be made to you as a person. As a rule, your IP address will change every time you establish a connection to the Internet. Such automatically transmitted data include, for instance, references to the web browser you are using, the websites you visit and the duration of your visits. In the best interest of users, such automatically transmitted data will exclusively be used anonymously for administration and evaluation of the website. Using the website will not require any additional data, so that its anonymous use will be guaranteed in compliance with the relevant data privacy provisions.
In addition, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics also uses so-called cookies: text files that are stored on your computer and enable an analysis of your use of the website. As a rule, the information generated by cookies regarding your use of the website is transferred to and stored on a server in the USA that is operated by Google. However, if IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, your IP address will first be truncated by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other signatories of the treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA to be truncated there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website in order to evaluate your use of the website, compile reports regarding website activities and provide further services for the website operator relating to website and Internet usage. The IP address sent by your web browser when using Google Analytics is not combined with any other Google data. You can prevent the storage of cookies by making an appropriate setting in your web browser software. We must point out again, however, that if you do so you may not be able to use all the functionalities of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent the acquisition and processing of data relating to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) and generated by the cookie by Google by simply downloading and installing the following web browser plug-in by clicking the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Data protection provisions for using Twitter
Astro Pharma GmbH uses so-called social plug-ins of the social network twitter.com. Twitter is operated by Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA.
The pages of our website that contain Twitter social plug-ins will establish a direct connection to the Twitter servers via your browser if you open them. Twitter will then be informed of the fact that you called up the page of our website that contains the social plug-in. If you are simultaneously logged into Twitter, the visit of our pages and all your interactions in connection with the Twitter social plug-ins (e.g. clicking the “Tweet” button) may be allocated to your Twitter profile and stored by Twitter. Even if you don’t have a Twitter profile, it cannot be excluded that Twitter will store your IP address.
In order to prevent Twitter from collecting the above-mentioned data during your stay on our website, log out from Twitter before visiting our website.
Data protection provisions for using YouTube
Astro Pharma GmbH uses plug-ins of the YouTube website operated by Google. The web pages are operated by YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
If you visit one of our pages containing a YouTube plug-in, a connection to the servers of YouTube will be established. In the process, the YouTube server will be notified about those of our pages you have visited.
If you are logged into your YouTube account, you allow YouTube to allocate your surfing behaviour directly to your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out from your YouTube account.
Data protection provisions for using LinkedIn
Astro Pharma GmbH uses functions of the LinkedIn network. This network is operated by the LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Every time you open one of our pages that contain LinkedIn functions, a connection to LinkedIn servers will be established. LinkedIn will be informed about your visit to our webpages with your IP address. If you click the “Recommend” button of LinkedIn while being logged into your LinkedIn account, LinkedIn will be able to allocate your visit to our website to you and your user account. Please note that we as the website provider do not have any knowledge of the content of the data transmitted and their use by LinkedIn.
Erasure of personal data
Astro Pharma GmbH processes and stores the data subject’s personal data only for the period required to achieve the purpose of the storage, or if this has been provided for by the European body issuing regulations and directives or any other legislator in acts or regulations which the controller is subject to. If the purpose of the storage lapses or if any storage deadline provided by the European regulator or any other competent legislator expires, the personal data will be blocked or erased as a matter of routine and in compliance with legal provisions.
By using the website, you consent to our terms and conditions of use and liability.
The use by third parties of our contact details published within the scope of applicable legal obligations for sending advertising and information material not expressly requested is hereby explicitly objected to. The operators of the pages explicitly reserve the right to take legal steps in case of any unsolicited dispatch of advertising information, e.g. through spam mails.
Modification notice: Our legal notice and data privacy statement were updated most recently on 14 May 2018.