Milestones in the company’s history
Since its founding by Sabine Möritz-Kaisergruber and Helmut Kaisergruber in 2004, Astro Pharma has become a successful, family-run company employing some 30 pharmaceutical professionals, all of whom have many years of experience in the industry. With our extensive network, we also tackle challenging tasks head on.
- Market launch of Herzuma® 420mg (Trastuzumab)
- introduction of Enoxaparin BECAT® – the first low molecular weight heparin (LMWH) biosimilar in Austria.Market launch of Herzuma® 150 mg (Trastuzumab).Market launch of Ganirelix Astro 0,25 mg/0,5 ml Solution for injection in a prefilled syringe
- Market launch of Ritemvia® (Rituximab), the first Rituximab biosimilar in AustriaPartnership with the German pharmaceutical company InfectoPharm and market launch of Fosfomycin Astro 8g.
- Astro Pharma is a founding member of the Austrian Biosimilar Association (BiVÖ) Mrs. Sabine Möritz-Kaisergruber becomes president of the lobby group.Astro Pharma takes over the tetanus/diphtheria vaccine Td-pur® for sale in Austria and Germany, and DIFTETALL® in Italy.Astro Pharma is taking over exclusive distribution of Meriofert®. Another IVF hormone is approved through the partnership with IBSA.
- Market launch of Remsima® (Infliximab), the first anti-TNF biosimilar in Austria.
- Partnership with South Korean pharmaceutical group Celltrion Healthcare. We are the Austrian distributor for Remsima® (Infliximab).
- Partnership with the Spanish pharmaceutical company ERN and product launch of Fosfomycin Astro 1g and 4g.
- Astro Pharma take the distribution of the oncology and antibiotic portfolio from Aspen.
- Partnership with the South African pharmaceutical company Aspen. Astro Pharma become the exclusive distributor for Imurek® (Azathioprin) in Austria.
- Astro Pharma introduces the biosimilar NivestimTM for Hospira in Austria.
- Astro Pharma receives a licence for the antibiotic Pipitaz® (Piperacillin, Tazobactam).
- Astro Pharma introduces the biosimilar RetacritTM (Epo zeta) for Hospira in Austria.
- Purchase of the glycopeptide antibiotic Vancomycin from Eli Lilly.
- Partnership with Dr. Friedrich Eberth Arzneimittel GmbH and started the distribution of the company’s medicinal products. Dr. Friedrich Eberth Arzneimittel GmbH remained the marketing authorization holder and legally responsible person for the marketed products in Austria.
- Partnership with the Swiss pharmaceutical company IBSA. The partnership enables in-vitro fertilisation with innovative hormones such as Fostimon®, Progedex® or Meriofert® at an affordable price in Austria.Astro Pharma becomes exclusive distributor for the Australian pharmaceutical company Mayne Pharma for generic oncology products.
- Astro Pharma buys licences for 4 anti infective (Cephalosporins) from Eli Lilly.Company founding by married couple Dr Sabine Möritz-Kaisergruber and Helmut Kaisergruber.